4/2/10

The Tops

Every media made thing has some classification to it. Five classifications that I will explore using my favourite of each are as follows:

Literal
- A book called Tulipomania has to be the best Literal media influenced object I have ever witnessed. This is because the style of the writing and the history behind the crazed tulip fad is so delicious that it makes me want to go back into the Medieval Netherlands and devour some tulip bulbs myself.

Emotional
- Something that has made me feel strongly about a subject is a movie called Tru Confessions. It was when I was between the ages of 10-12 and it is about a girl with a mentally challenged brother. The struggles and the idiocracy of the people towards the mentally challenged is almost unbearable to comprehend after watching this movie. It definitely changed my views upon how we should treat these people.

Moral
- Under this I really can't choose a media source alone and so I will choose one entire company based on creating morals for children. This company is Disney. Every Disney cartoon is made to outline a moral and that moral is shot straight into our face.

Symbolic
- I would have to say when looking for something symbolic I look towards the musician Matthew Good. Every single one of his songs has to be symbolic and filled with such meaning that it blows the mind. Matthew Good is the master of symbolism and hidden meaning and there is no doubt that he will continue to be a master until the end of his days.

Hyperbolic
- The greatest hyperbolic thing of all time, in my opinion, has to be Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The sheer ridiculousness of everything in that movie and over exaggeration of every character makes it into one of my favourite movies of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment